Wednesday, April 1, 2015

New Chrome devices

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that I’m a fan of the Chromebook/Chromebox computers. They’re very simple to use, require very little maintenance and are generally pretty cheap. If you do most of your computing on-line, they could be just the ticket.

A couple of new chrome devices, just announced yesterday by Google, caught my attention:

  • The worlds cheapest Chromebook, the Haier Chromebook 11. 1.8GHz, 2GB memory, 16G storage, 11.6” screen, 10 hour battery. Avaiable preorder from Amazon $149
  • ASUS Chromebook Flip – very thin, light (<2 lb), reversible touch screen for $249 (available 2Q15)
  • ASUS Chromebit – a Chromebox in a small form factor (“smaller than a candy bar”) for less than $100. Just plug it into an HDMI input on your TV and you've got a Chromebox.
  • I've ordered one of the new Chromebook Pixels at work and I'll blog on it after I've had a chance to use it for a while.



I use a Chromebook at home as a secondary computer and it works great for browsing, Google Tools, etc. 

Have you used a Chromebook/Chromebox?


No comments:

Post a Comment