This succinct essay on innovation culture is one of them: http://lp.google-mkto.com/rs/google/images/WP-Creating-Culture-Innovation.pdf
Here’s a bullet list of the highlights, but the article is really worth reading in its entirety.
1. Think 10x improvements (not 10%)
2. Launch, then keep listening
3. Share everything you can
4. Hire the right people
5. Use the 70/20/10 model (70% core projects, 20% near-core projects, 10% unrelated to core)
6. Look for ideas everywhere
7. Use data, not opinions
8. Focus on users, not the competition
Have you experienced teams like this? Are you working on one now? Is it working?