Monday, November 26, 2012

iOS Vs. Android - your experience?


I've been an iPhone user since I ditched my Blackberry, back when the iPhone first came out.  I've never rooted it - never needed to - and I've done a little development (the iPhone for Dummies kind of development...)  It's easy to configure, the upgrade to the new iPhone 5 took about 20 minutes as I recall and I love having all my music in the cloud, available to all my apple devices and do backups to the cloud for my phone and iPads.  So, I'm a little biased. 

As I’ve mentioned, I’ve used a couple of Android devices (a Nook Color running Jelly Bean and an Equiso running Ice Cream Sandwich - both of which I rooted in order to do things I could do on the unrooted iPhone, but with proprietary software...)  

Though they're not as fast as the newest Galaxy, I found them both basically capable platforms.  I like Linux (I have a couple of Linux boxes, and one ex-Chromebook running Ubuntu) and I like that the underlying software in Android is Linux based.

But, honestly, I use my phone a whole lot less than I used to.  I use my tablet(s) and Macs much more.

Here's an informal poll:

Is it a religious thing, or are there certain features that only exist on your preferred model?
If you are still using a Blackberry, what would it take to get you to switch?
Do you find yourself using your tablet or PC more than your phone?


No comments:

Post a Comment