At CES this year a number of companies were touting their "Works with Nest" capabilities:
- Whirlpool washers and dryers can use Nest to tell when you're home so they can switch to quiet mode (and notify you when it's done.)
- Ooma phone service can tell you're not at home and can forward calls when you leave.
- Philips Hue can listen to your Nest and when the CO or smoke detector go off it can flash the lights.
- Qwikset and August Smart locks can set your Nest to "home" when you unlock them and "away" when you lock them.
- Dropcam can record when your smoke alarm is activated.
- Chargepoint car chargers can learn from your Nest when energy is in high demand and wait to charge your car.
- Your car can tell your Nest you're on your way home so it can adjust the heating/cooling.
What kind of smart home integration would you like to see? Are there opportunities for smarthome technology in your business? What are the challenges?