- How to use Xcode IDE to code up a C program
- Installing and using GCC on the Mac
- Communicating to a USB modem from a C application
- The format of Caller ID messages
- How to serve web pages on the Raspberry Pi
I found an LCD app for the Raspberry Pi written in C (by Phil Bambridge, of Bristol) so I've got something to hack for this application. Thanks Phil!!
The app ran over night and all day today on the RPi without crashing - serving web pages, displaying caller ID's of a dozen callers and generally behaving, so I'd say the unit test is a "pass".
I've been using SSH to communicate with the RPi, editing and compiling in vi in the SSH window. I only had to make two minor changes to the code when moving to the Raspberry Pi: change the name of the USB Modem and the path to the web page. I had thought about building a cross compiling environment for this work, but the performance of the RPi just isn't that bad...
Good project so far!