Friday, December 28, 2012

Raspberry Pi WAP & PBX


UPDATE:
I just installed FreePBX/Asterisk on the Raspberry Pi and, using the configuration from the version on my "big PBX",  I configured the RPi.  I just made my first outgoing call.  The setup and config took about an hour including downloading the RPi image and burning it to an SD card.  The System Statistics showed about a 2% CPU load during the call.  Amazing, just amazing...

Now I'll have to try out the RPi as a WAP - these devices are cool, but the support community and developers are truly astounding.




For those of you who may not be in the Raspberry Pi loop, here's a link to an interesting development.  This project turns a raspberry pi and a cheap WiFi adapter into a Wireless Access Point.





Last week I read about using an RPi as a PBX with Asterisk.   I've been enjoying working with my PBX in a Flash box and maybe shrinking it to the RPi form factor will be its next iteration!


The more people have time to play with this little device, the more cool things they dream up.  After all: if you can think it, you can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment