Monday, February 16, 2015

Apple iWork on the desktop?

It's no secret that I'm an Apple guy – I use a MacBook Air and an iPad at work to connect to my Windows 7 virtual desktop. I use an iPhone and Mac at home. 

But, when it comes to iWork, well, not so much. Sometimes I'll use Keynote for a quick presentation, but most of the time I use Microsoft Office products for work and Google Apps for home.

It looks like Apple is trying to be more business friendly with their recent announcement of iWorks for the browser. The new iWork tools work on PC's in IE (9 or higher), Chrome (27.0.1 or higher) and Safari (6.0.3 or higher). They also work on Linux and Chromebooks. 

Some recent talk by Apple CEO, Tim Cook, about their evolving relationship with IBM also points to more of an enterprise focus. 

Are you an iWork user? Would you like to use it at work as well as home?

For now, there are some security concerns regarding intellectual property leakage and IP protection, so I won't be using it for any corporate proprietary info, but maybe for personal stuff…





No comments:

Post a Comment