Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A mouse for my iPad?

Here’s something I've wanted for a long time: a mouse for my iPad/iPhone, specifically for accessing my Windows desktop using VDI (or Citrix.)

Most Windows access apps just don’t work very well with fat fingers on an iPad and I’ve always thought a mouse would be a very useful tool for those times I need to access my VDI desktop from the road.

Turns out Citrix has one: a Bluetooth mouse called the X1 Mouse. Until more touch-friendly apps arrive, this will be a godsend. They announced it in January, but it should be available starting next week (no word on price or where to buy it - more later.) 

It only works with Citrix apps (Receiver, GoToMyPC, ShareConnect, etc.) but if it takes off, other suppliers like VMWare and VNC may respond with offerings of their own.

Here's a link to a video that shows it in use: https://youtu.be/9R6WcZkz-Ik 

No comments:

Post a Comment