Thursday, May 14, 2015

A really tiny touch screen - Apple Watch

​I received the Apple Watch I ordered last month and I have been wearing it for a couple of days. 

The best way to demo an Apple Watch is to personalize it and connect it to an iPhone, so that’s what I did! 

Here are my impressions, so far:

  • Handy for texts:
    • You can respond from the watch with “canned” responses (OK, Yes, No, Can I get back with you later? Etc.) 
    • You can respond via voice. Voice transcription works very well.
  • Being able to phone from the watch is cool, but it will take some time to get used to
  • Other notifications (emails from VIP’s, meeting alerts, etc.) seem to work well
  • When I first got it, I had problems with notifications, but these went away when I re-installed it.
  • Battery life seems good (charge it at night, use it all day)
  • Lots of other apps like maps, weather, Shazam are handy 
  • Swiping / navigation is pretty simple
  • Notifications are “taps” on your wrist (rather than vibrations) – takes a while to get used to.
  • Siri can launch apps – handier than launching from the screen
  • Siri can send texts - just tell her who you want to text and what the text should say
  • You can do screen prints from the watch (they show up in Photos on your phone.)

Do you use one? What has been your experience? What apps do you use most?


No comments:

Post a Comment